Sunday 22 March 2015

And Baby Makes 4... (Unless You Count the Dog)

Note:  This post was originally published on September 17, 2014.  All posts prior to this date - along with images from April 2014 to March 2015 - have been lost forever to the Internet black hole.  

---

Eleven days ago, Baby H decided to join us, and it has been a whirlwind ever since.  I forgot just how much sleep-deprivation actually accompanies a newborn baby - after all, it's been ten years since I last had a newborn in the house.

George has been amazing.  As we got closer and closer to the due date, he got more and more nervous, and it was all for nothing.  He's a natural!  By diaper #3, he was a pro-star at changings, and he mastered the art of infant-holding in no time.  Thankfully, he was able to take a week off of work immediately after Baby H's birth; I have no idea what I would have done without him.  Seriously, you guys.  He made sure that I got a nap here and there, he took over getting J-Bird ready for school and getting him to and from the school bus stop, he handled all the meals (for everyone in the house who isn't exclusively on a breastmilk diet)... he was fantastic.  I need to get the man a present or something.

But back to Baby H.

He was born on a Saturday morning.  On Saturday night I was sitting up in my hospital bed, feeling him, we he made a face and clamped down hard and it just reminded me so much of a baby turtle that I couldn't stop giggling.  I've been affectionately referring to him as "Baby Turtle" ever since, and J-Bird has picked up the nickname, too.

He has the most adorable little dimples.  I'm going to be in so much trouble when he starts smiling, you guys.

He likes to hold hands while he eats.

{this used to be a picture of Baby H's hand wrapped tightly around my index finger}

Speaking of eating, he wants to do it ALL THE TIME.  Especially at night.  Midnight snacks are his favourite.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the world that is softer than his hair.

He's the spitting image of his daddy.  Like, a miniature carbon copy.  Zero of his features are mine.

And I am complete, totally, head over heels in love.

{and this held a picture of Baby Turtle and I once}

0 comments:

Post a Comment